Monday 22 March 2010

WECU Congress

Firstly, something completely irrelevant to this topic: I've decided to remove a couple of the game viewers from the blog. I don't know this for fact, but I suspect that too many gamy viewers probably slows down the site loading up a fair bit.

Anyway, on to topic. The WECU Congress starts Friday April 2nd and is a 7-round tournament that takes advantage of the 2 holidays either side of the weekend to offer a slightly longer tournament then the usual congress. It's held in Exmouth, at the Royal Beacon Hotel, which I can personally attest is a superb venue. It's also walking distance from the beach, as well as the town centre. With the 4ncl the weekend before, I can't really afford to enter, but I'll be there at some point spectating, and providing a report on it all.

At present there have been 75 entrants, and from what I understand appears to have a very open open, so to speak, at this point. I have to point out that the venue has a fixed capacity (I'm not sure of the exact number, but they did have to decline some entries last year), so it's well worth entering early and not leaving it til the last minute.

Clicking on the title to this post should lead you to the entry form.

No comments:

Post a Comment