Thursday 3 June 2010

Upcoming tournaments/ events

Quite a few tournaments/ events etc coming up in the near future:

Saturday 5th June: 2nd Bristol League Rapidplay

Held at the Filton Sports & Leisure Centre, Elm Park, Filton, Bristol. BS34 7PS.

http://chessit.co.uk/Bristol%20Rapidplay%202010/BristolRapidplay2010EntryForm.pdf

is the link to the entry form.

Saturday 5th June: WECU meeting.

This is a closed meeting, but if you have any opinions/ thoughts on anything WECU- related, email me edgellben@hotmail.com or leave a comment here, and I'll raise it at the meeting.

Sunday 6th June, 2pm: Sunday Chess in Bath.

This is an open- air chess event designed to help attract attention to chess from tourists and people local to Bath. It takes place just outside the Abbey, in the centre of Bath. I believe the intention this Sunday is to run a 5- minute blitz tournament, so if you are interested in that contact Chris Lamming on en2cpgl@bath.ac.uk, or visit
http://chessit.co.uk/Bath%20Abbey%20Chess/2010/Sunday%20Chess%20in%20Bath%202010.htm for more information.

Friday 11th June: DCCA AGM.

I'm not sure on any specific details bar the date for this one, I'm afraid. If anyone can provide me with more information, I'll happily update this.

Weds. 16th June: Torbay League AGM

Held at Torquay Boys' Grammar School, Torquay, starting at 7pm.

Friday 18th- Sunday 20th June: Yeovil Congress

Held at Westfield Community School, Stiby Road, Yeovil. BA21 3EP. This congress has both the open and major sections Fide-rated. The entry form can be printed from http://www.ecforum.org.uk/download/file.php?id=136 and for any other information contact Jack Rudd on jackkelshallrudd@aol.com

If I've missed anything from that list, or if there are any inaccuracies, let me know and I'll update it.

No comments:

Post a Comment