Tuesday 20 July 2010

South Wales International results

The South-West players who played in the South Wales International had varying results. The full crosstable is here; I shall mention below the region's players who ended up in the prize list:

2nd Keith Arkell (Devon) 7
3rd= Peter Wells (Wiltshire) 6½
Best= untitled player and best= Welsh u-2300 player Allan Pleasants (Dorset) 5½
Best= untitled player and best= English u-2300 player Jeremy Menadue (Cornwall) 5½
Best= English junior Robert Thompson (Devon) 4

I myself had a frustrating tournament, passing up a golden opportunity to beat the eventual winner in round 2; I only had one game I was really satisfied with. On seeing the final table, some might argue that this game ended up being irrelevant.

But it's not irrelevant, it's a hippopotamus.

No comments:

Post a Comment